Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend in SLO

Back in March we had a quick weekend trip up to SLO.  I had to train a dental office up there on Monday so we decided to make a weekend of it and went up on Saturday afternoon.  It took a little longer than usual because of the weekend traffic but we eventually made it up to San Luis Obispo and headed to our favorite place to eat, Firestone Grill.  It was a bit chilly outside so we warmed up near the fire and enjoyed our yummy Tri-Tip Sandwiches and chicken strips.  I don’t know what it is about SLO, I can’t put my finger on it but when I’m there I feel happy and my kids love it too!  I think we’ve made some great memories there on little weekend trips when Chris worked up there with Odwalla and I’ve had several opportunities to train dentist offices up there over the years.  Chris and I dream of living in that area someday.   

IMG_1099

After we ate dinner we walked around the downtown area and found a cute candy store.  It was all decked out with every kind of candy you can imagine.  We let the kids pick something out and the boys picked out these gross Harry Potter Jelly beans that taste like disgusting things like rotten eggs and grass.  The rest of the weekend our car smelled nasty and the boys kept trying to get us to eat their disgusting Jelly Beans. 

IMG_1112

IMG_1107

Libby enjoyed sleeping in her “Baby Jail” and we all cozied up and went to sleep.  The kids are getting better at sleeping in hotels.  There still is the occasional fight and we have to persuade them to go to bed but overall they are getting a little bit easier in this area. 

IMG_1119

The next day was Sunday and we visited a ward in SLO.  After church we decided to enjoy a fun drive to visit some beach towns along the coast.  One fun place we enjoy is Cayucos.  We drove through their last Summer and thought it was the cutest little town.  We walked down the pier and walked on the sand.  The kids could have spent hours on the swing set.  I think swing sets and beaches just belong together. 

IMG_1129

IMG_1147

IMG_1136

IMG_1170

IMG_1150

 

Sadly (but lucky for us) Libby slept through the whole thing.  She fell asleep in the stroller and slept like a baby. 

IMG_1177

I

love this pic of Chris and Maddie on the beach.  Maddie loves her Daddy!

IMG_1188

The next morning I worked and then we headed home.  It was a short trip but well worth the drive and lots of memories made. 

No comments: