Our kids school year ends earlier than most of the schools in California. Its pretty fun starting our Summer before Memorial day but it isn't too cool starting school in the beginning of August. Just before school ended the kids had an awards assembly to honor their achievements.
I am so proud of my kids! Carter finished second grade and is a super reader. He is a total bookworm and reads hundreds of pages in a single sitting. The kids have something called “Reading Counts” at their school where they get points after they have finished a book and taken a test on it. Carter was very proud that he earned 252 points this year. He was surprised to learn that a girl in another second grade class had earned more points than him so she got the trophy for the second grade. Carter was pleased with a medal for second place though.
I couldn’t have been more proud of him when I got his report card!
Maddie is such a superstar! She is such a motivated child, I am so amazed! I NEVER have to ask her to do her homework. She does her homework as soon as she gets home and gets wonderful grades. This year she got straight ‘A’s for the first time and has worked so hard. We are so very proud of her!
After the kids last day of school we celebrated by going dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Lucille’s.
The kids were all ready for a fun Summer filled with fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment