Aww… he’s growing up too fast!
Carter was very excited that his first Pack Meeting was the Pinewood Derby. We had no idea how to make a Pinewood Derby car and looking online only made us more intimidated. People get pretty crazy about these things. Chris was extremely busy at work (as usual) and didn’t have time to build it until the night before! So Chris took the block of wood they gave us and tried to cut it into a wedge so we could build the car. We don’t have any power tools and bless his heart, it looked pretty pitiful. The next day I headed to Hobby Lobby to see if I could find some of this graphite people use on the wheels and lo and behold they have almost an entire aisle dedicated to Pinewood Derby! I picked up a piece of wood that was already cut to a wedge shape and a few other supplies and we were on our way!
Carter and I built, painted and decorated the car a few hours before the Pinewood Derby! The paint was still tacky, but it was done and it looked pretty cool!
All ready to race!
Look at how fast those cars go! They had a cool computer program hooked up to the track so they knew who the winners were!
I warned Carter that his car probably wouldn’t do too well since it was our first time and we didn’t spend much time on it but call it beginners luck, Carter got third place! He was thrilled! Here he is with the first and second place winners. I guess my car making skills are pretty awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment