Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Riley's Farm

Visiting Riley's Farm for raspberry picking has become a tradition for my kids. The past 3 Summers we've made a special trip out there to Oak Glen to pick Raspberries. I love Riley's Farm, it is such a charming place. I've never been up there during Apple picking season, apparently it is their prime time. I'm hoping we can go up sometime in October and do pumpkins too!

We had a great time today with Heather and her kids, Kristy and her kids, Grammy, Chris and Amanda. We brought a picnic lunch and then spent an hour picking the berries. They were just delicious and I loved snacking on them while I picked. The kids just love it and I think its fun for them to get outside and see how food grows.


Libby was an angel and sat in her snugli the entire time. She didn't make a peep til it was about time to go. She fell asleep right away in the car ride home and I couldn't resist taking this picture. I love the way my kids look sleeping!


When we got home I washed all the berries and made 2 full batches of Freezer Jam. I am so excited to have such a stock pile of jam. I hope it lasts all year but something tells me it won't!






We had a great day and I am happy to have some yummy jam! I think it's kinda neat that when my kids are at school eating their PB&J Sandwiches they can know that they picked the berries to make the jam.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K, she is NOT allowed to be sitting up on her own!! She is supposed to stay a baby! :) Love Riley's farm, those raspberries look so good! I don't think we will be doing any kind of open house soon, things are going a little too slowly, and with Caleb starting school in a week, then the baby will be here, I just don't think I want to add on planning a major event here too. :) If you want to come out and see the house, any time is good! We are just hanging out around here right now.