Monday, July 5, 2010
Imagination... what a concept!
I'll admit it my kids LOVE to watch TV, play computer games, DS, and Wii. I try to limit it but lets be honest when I'm trying to get something done it is a great tool! Well into Summer we are now (remember kids got out on May 25) and I'm starting to hear the chanting of "MOOOOOM we are BOOOOORED" Maddie asked me what I did during the Summer when I was board so I told her how we didn't have all the electronic devices that she had and we didn't have cable so during the day there was no "Zack and Cody" or "Wizards" to watch so my siblings and I would play together. I told her how we played Legos and people and all sorts of things together. Well that got her thinking. That day we took out all the fisher price people, and geo trax train sets and tracks and they just took over my living room. You can see in the picture what a huge mess it was but boy did they have fun. This picture was taken well after noon and they still have their pj's on oops! Ever since that day if we have nothing planned they get them ALL out and spend hours and hours playing. They love it and I love it because they aren't fighting and I don't hear "Mom I'm bored! every five minutes" I just get to hear them say, "Mom I'm hungry" all day long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment