Last Sunday, March 7 2010, was Libby's blessing. With church being at 9 am we were rushing around quite a bit. I had prepared a lunch for our family to eat afterward and was trying to hurry and make a vegetable platter. I opened a can of olives and set it in the sink with the lid standing straight up. Then I grabbed a handful of cherry tomatoes and washed them. As I shook my hands to get the excess water off, my hand went straight down on the lid of the can and sliced it pretty deep. This was minutes before we needed to leave. I was so mad at myself for being careless. I was worried that I was going to ruin Libby's blessing day. We quickly wrapped up my hand and rushed off to church. I had a friend help me put her white dress on so I wouldn't get blood on it. Libby wore a beautiful dress that my Mom had made for Maddie to wear on her blessing day. (Hopefully Libby will also be able to wear Maddie's baptism dress too someday.) Chris gave Libby a beautiful blessing and she slept peacefully through it. Maddie shared her testimony and talked about how much she loved having a little sister. She said, "I'm so happy that my family is complete, cause Libby is our
last baby." Everyone got a chuckle out of that. It was wonderful to have our family and friends there to be with us.
After Sacrament Meeting I went to Kaiser urgent care to get my hand stitched up and a Tetanus shot. I was worried I was going to miss the lunch I had prepared and miss being with our family. Luckily everyone had planned on staying for the rest of church before eating lunch. By the time they got home I was already done and on my way home. It turned out to be a great day even though we had a little mishap with my hand.

My Mom made these adorable white and pink cupcakes

My Sis-in-law Amanda made these precious sugar cookies. She even sprinkles sugar on the white part on the baby to resemble a blessing dress!
We also had yummy chicken salad sandwiches, salad, fruit, veggies, and strawberry lemonade.

Mom and Baby

Libby with Grandpa Ed and Grandma Faye
Grampy Tal and Grammy Debbie
Our little family of 6
(Aunt Amanda made her headband too!)
Maddie was excited to wear her white baptism dress and match Libby.
No comments:
Post a Comment