This Summer has been crazy busy and I’m ready for our lives to start slowing down. I’ve been working a ton and we’ve been so busy with Maddie’s show so I’ve had no time to sit down and blog until now. The kids start school on Monday and I thought now’s a great time to get all caught up on my blog. Anyhow I left off last on Fourth of July (which is exactly a month a go but seems like eons ago.)
Since Chris and I had both been so busy we decided we wanted to have a mellow fourth of July weekend and it was very nice. We woke up in the morning and I made a lovely breakfast of Aebelskivers which is usually our Christmas tradition but its way too good to eat only once a year. We spent the morning at the pool and the kids had a great time swimming with Daddy.
After having fun swimming we got dressed in our red white and blues and headed out for a fun day of movies and shopping. Chris took the boys to a movie while Maddie, Libby and I went to the Mall. We got some new school clothes and did some window shopping.
After the Movie ended we headed over to Dickey’s BBQ for some yummy southern barbecue. Uncle Chris, Grammy and Grampy joined us for dinner and we all headed over to watch the fireworks just outside the Quakes stadium.
Libby loved the soft serve ice cream and thought she was so cool to have her own cone.
It was a nice day to spend with family and not have to worry about putting on a big meal or having decorations. I just loved being with my family and remembering what an amazing country we live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment