I usually brag about my kids on my blog but I need to brag a little bit about my husband. When Chris and I were married he had just returned from his mission and only completed one semester of college at Ricks. (He did not go before his mission, instead he worked for year) I was 1 year away from graduating so we lived in Provo while I finished my degree. Chris worked full time while I finished and by the time I graduated I was pregnant with Maddie and he had secured a new job with Pepsi in Southern California. As soon as we moved down here he started taking a few classes at Citrus College but as with most people, life got in the way and he got really busy with work and family so he stopped going to school for a couple years.
In 2006 when Chris started working for Odwalla he decided he wanted to get serious about school so he enrolled in University of La Verne. He has been going to school at night ever since (sometimes even full-time!) He was worked his tail off and finally it is paying off! Last Friday he took his last test and passed with flying colors! He is officially a college graduate and feels so good about it. I am so proud of him, he was such a good student and wouldn’t settle for anything less than an ‘A’. I always tell him that going to school is so much easier when you are young without kids and a career in the middle of it. He did it the hard way but is so glad to be done! His official commencement will take place at the end of May and we’ll have a big celebration for him!
Chris has actually had a lot going on lately. The same day that he officially finished college, he had his last day at Odwalla. Chris has loved working for Odwalla for the past 5 years so it was not an easy decision to leave. A couple months ago he began talking to Redbull about an exciting position with their company. It was a great offer and a really good opportunity so he decided to go with it. He will be working in Riverside which is a little bit closer and against traffic. He is very excited about the opportunity he has at Redbull. The kids will definitely miss the Odwalla Juice.
5 comments:
Just give them a redbull instead!
Katie thats awesome news! Tell Chris congrats. That is especially hard when you have a job and family.
Congratulations to Chris!!
Wow!!! Tell Chris congrats from me, that is AWESOME!!!
Chris- You are an incredibly hard worker. I respect you so much!
Post a Comment