Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break

We had an awesome Spring Break a few weeks ago.  It actually made me excited for Summer.  I didn’t even get tired of having the kids home all week!  We had a fun week planned and tried to do something every day.   On Monday I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese.  They had been begging to go and we had a bunch of tokens saved from the last time we went during Christmas break.  It was great because we went at 10 in the morning and there was only a few people there so we practically had the place to ourselves. (That’s the only way I’ll do Chuck E. Cheese). 

On Tuesday I had a mystery shop planned for Disneyland.  We almost never take the tram anymore so we walk, and the kids love running around these poles like they are doing training exercises.  I think it is so fun to watch and it wears them out!

DSC04268

When we got to the park I couldn’t believe how crowded it was!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this crowded, I had to take a picture it was so crazy.  The line to get in was backed up all the way to California Adventure!  We were a little discouraged when we saw how crowded it was. But we made it the best we could and tried to avoid the crowded rides.

DSC04269

Not sure why the kid were all looking down in this picture, I think the sun was in their eyes.DSC04270

Maddie and Sawyer enjoyed playing on the old fashioned fire engine.  (no line there!)DSC04298

The Carousel was another easy ride that had a very short line.  Libby is a little scared of the carousel now.  At least it makes a cute picture!DSC04280

We had lunch at Carnation Café, it was my first time eating there and it was just ok. We weren’t that impressed.  I had a few fun shops on main street to go to where I got a new purse. (Only cost me $25 bucks since I was reimbursed $75!)  Made all the crowds worth it just for my new purse. I’m so excited that I’m ready to graduate from a Diaper bag to a purse. image

We saw Minnie and I was so excited for Libby to see her now that she is walking.  She LOVES Minnie and always wants to see her when we go to Disneyland.  Well now that she is walking she is completely scared of Minnie and I was so disappointed.  Sawyer took a cute picture with her so that made up for it!

DSC04308

After finishing all my shops, we headed over to California adventure and spent some time in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.  My kids love going over there and blowing off steam. 

DSC04331

Libby has enjoyed her new found independence now that she is walking and she loved walking all around Disneyland and stretching her legs.

DSC04320

 

On Wednesday it was my Dad’s birthday. It has been kind of a tradition to go over to his school and sing him Happy Birthday and bring him a cake in front of a class full of high school students.  He loves it and the kids love it even more!  This year we got to see his new classroom which is amazing!  It is upstairs and has a beautiful view of the San Gabriel Mountains.  He has all kinds of state of the art things in his new classroom.

DSC04333

 

My Dad with some of his students.  They all love him!

DSC04341

 

Grampy with his California grandkids

DSC04337

 

My Dad even has a lecture hall next to his classroom with real movie theater seats and a huge screen where he can show movies and do all kinds of cool things.  We decided we are going to have a movie night the next time all the grandkids are here!

DSC04342

His white board is a smart board and acts like a computer, the kids had fun playing with it.

DSC04345

After visiting with Grampy we went to lunch at El Pollo Loco by his school and then went to the Mall and had fun going on the Merry-go-round and getting samples at See’s. 

I can’t remember what we did the rest of the week but I know we had a fun time!  The kids were sad to go back to school on Monday.  We are looking forward to May 25, our last day of school!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

How precious! Dad must be so proud to show off his cute grandkids. His new room is super nice, my kids have those white board things in every classroom... excessive I think for ES. I love the purse too, and Libby is getting so big and adorable!

stephgoett said...

Wow! that school looks amazing!!! NO wonder he likes to teach so much! I am so jealous of your fun job!