Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maddie’s Track Meet

DSC04540

In our city all the 4,5 and 6th graders have the opportunity to compete in an all city track meet each year.  When the opportunity came up Maddie jumped at the chance to race.  She loves to try everything and is so eager, that is what I love about her.  Luckily it ended up being a cold misty day and wasn’t 90 degrees outside like the Saturday before the meet.  The track meet was held at the local community college and was very well organized.  It reminded Chris and I of our track meets we had in Duarte growing up.  (except ours was called Jr. Olympics)  They had the kids all march in to the Olympic theme song, each school marching together. 

Maddie’s events were the 220m and the 50 yard dash.  She went out there and gave it her all.  We were so surprised she placed 3rd in her heat for the 220 which qualified her for the finals!  When it came to the finals it was a tough race and she was up against some fast runners.  She gave it her all and we were so proud of her!

Maddie warming up with her friend Claire.DSC04547

 

DSC04551

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I love that smile. I wish we lived closer to watch her. She's so great! Give her hugs from LA.