Sunday, May 9, 2010

Riley's Farm Field Trip




Chris is such an awesome dad.

Maddie came home from school a few weeks ago with a flier about an upcoming field trip to Riley's farm. She was so excited about it and wanted me to be a chaperon on the trip which I've done in the past. With a new baby nursing all day and not on a bottle yet it was out of the question. Her immediate response was "I'll ask Daddy" So when Chris got home from work she asked him to come on her field trip with her. Chris agreed to it and was actually kind of excited about it. We put it on the calendar and Maddie looked forward to it for several weeks.

Chris took the day off and had some great one on one time with Maddie. She felt so special to have her daddy there with her. She sat next to him on the bus and snuggled up with her Dad. (Chris wonders how long this will last :) It was so fun to hear about the fun things they did. They learned all about pioneers and got to be in a real log cabin and see handcarts and covered wagons. I'm so glad that Chris is the kind of Dad that loves doing stuff with his kids!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sully chaperoned on a field trip of Shelby's this year. I thought it was great, too.