My hard drive failed. Luckily I was able to pay someone to get all my data off of my Laptop but as of right now I have no computer and therefore am unable to blog. I am using Chris' work laptop to write this post. My pictures are piling up and I'm hoping to get a new laptop this weekend so I can get caught up on all the fun things we've been doing. Its actually kinda weird not having a computer to use at my own free will. It tells me really how addicted to my computer I am. I'm finding that I'm spending more time doing productive things with my kids and keeping my home in order. I actually picked up a book from the library yesterday! I think I'm kinda liking my new computer free lifestyle. I even took myself off of facebook. I found that it was a big distraction for me and I would check it on my phone and computer numerous times a day. When Maddie wrote a poem about me for Mothers day that had the line "needs more time for Facebook" I knew it was too much a part of my life. I'm not saying its a bad thing at all, in fact I'm sure I'll rejoin someday but for me right now I wanted to show my kids that I don't need "electronic" distractions to keep me from being their mom and living in the NOW with them. With blogging I feel that it is a little different because I am Journaling my life as a mother for my family and I know that it will be a valuable to asset to my children someday. My blog is my Scrapbook and Journal and my audience is my family.
So the point of this post was to say... I'll be back soon with lots of pics and fun adventures we've been having. My kids are out of school as of Tuesday and Summer is in full swing!
1 comment:
I know what ya mean about the FB. Everyday I tell myself Im not going to look at it cause it takes so much time away from other things I need to get done.
Post a Comment