Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bento Box Lunches with Love


I saw a blog post from someone who started making these type of lunches for their kids and I became inspired to do them for my own kids. I had gotten into a rut of sandwich, crackers, apple and juice. Now there's nothing wrong with this but my kids started complaining that they were bored of their lunches and they were coming home half eaten. So I thought this would be a great way to give my kids a healthy, fun lunch while showing my love for them. The containers are just the reusable Ziplock containers and I try to variate the types of fruit, crackers and sandwiches that I use. There's actually a lot of resources online for these. Believe it or not there are several blogs where people take pictures of their kids lunches every day and blog about it http://www.bashaw.com/ I don't have that kind of time. I've been doing it for a little over a week and the kids LOVE it! They fit perfectly in their lunch bags with a capri sun and an ice pack.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a great idea Katie. I've heard about moms making bento boxes for their kids' lunches. I still have a couple of years but I'd like to try it too.