Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a wonderful Easter yesterday. Aside from the gloomy, cool weather, it was a great day. This was the first year we had it at our home. We usually have it at my parents home but I really wanted to have it here. It was tight but we all fit and had a great time. This year was a little different because it was General Conference so we didn't do the whole "Easter Church outfit thing". It made it much less expensive. The kids got up in the morning and were so excited to have strings tied to their beds and find their baskets. Even Libby got in on the action. Maddie helped her find her basket which consisted of a bathing suit, a board book and Baby Mozart DVD which she loves! Sawyer got Toy Story 1 and 2 on DVD and some Legos, Carter got Legos, a Bacugan holder, and Maddie got a Tinkerbell DVD, Selena Gomez Barbie, and a new shirt. Then of course they all got lots of Candy (except Libby :)





I couldn't resist trying Libby's new swimming suit on. I just can't wait for swimming weather!


It was wonderful to hear inspiring words from our Prophet and the apostles. Maddie watched part of conference and tried to fill out her little booklet she got in primary. I caught this adorable moment while she watched.


Once Conference was over, it was time for our Easter celebration with my family. We had a big crowd. My parents, Wes and Kristy and their children Brady and Coleman, Chris and Amanda and her Grandmother and Brother who were in town. Here is a picture of my pretty table. We put a banquet table in the living room and had the kids sit at the kitchen table. I finally got to use my China after 10 years! I may have used it once before. I placed a little egg on each person's place with their name on it.


Here's some pics of our delicious spread. The flowers are from a tree outside and the lemons are from my neighbor's yard.



After we ate it was off to do our Easter Egg hunt. The weather warmed up a tad and the kids enjoyed running around outside. There were plenty of eggs to be found!






I couldn't resist these bunny ears in the dollar section at Target. They made for a great photo op!


My Brother Wes and his wife Kristy with their adorable boys, Coleman and Brady.

What a handsome couple my brother Chris and his wife Amanda are.

3 comments:

B-Rad said...

I hear there's a new "Toy Story" movie coming out soon. Look forward to seeing it.

Andrea said...

What a great day. I bought the same bunny ears at Target for Elizabeth. Too cute to pass up.

Janelle said...

Wish we could've been there, looked fun and the food looked beautiful and yummy!!! Can't wait to see you.