Thursday, April 8, 2010

Carter is 6!


Yesterday my little Carter turned 6! He is truly growing up before our eyes. This past year he has really changed the most. He's gone from an adorable chubby cheeked blond baby face to a handsome, sweet, intelligent young boy. This past year has been a big year for Carter. He went from being a preschooler to a Kindergartner. He adjusted to Kindergarten very well. He was so excited to go to Maddie's big school and learn new things and make new friends. We think he's become quite the popular kid at school. When I took him to a birthday party the little boy's brother said, "So this is the Famous Carter". He loves to play sports and has really enjoyed Soccer this past year and now he is enjoying baseball. He also is quite the video gamer and would play for hours if we didn't stop him. (Not something I'm very proud of.) Lately he has taken a liking to Legos and loves to build things and use his imagination. He is also a very good reader and has amazed all of us with his ability to read anything so fluently. He just finished "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" in a matter of a couple days. I am so proud of all that he has done and look forward to many years of watching him grow. Although it is bittersweet, I am looking forward to see him grow into a fine young man. I love my Carter and I love watching him play with his little brother. When they are not fighting and just playing so cute together (which is most of the time) it just makes my heart melt. He is so sweet to our new little Libby as well. He greets her every time he comes home from school. Carter also loves and admires his big Sister Maddie so much. I am so grateful to have Carter in our family!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: