I was crazy enough to take on a training assignment in Clovis (a city near Fresno) which is over 4 hours from here. Since the training wasn't until noon and I didn't want to fork out the cash for a hotel up there, Chris and I decided we could drive up that morning, he'd watch the kids for the four hours I worked and then we'd drive home and be home by 9. It was quite an adventure. We got up at 5, left at 6 and made it up there a little early. The kids were pretty good. My training went well. Chris took the kids to a movie while I worked. The way home was a little rough and seemed to take forever! We broke up the monotony by stopping in Kingsburg where the sun-maid raisins are made. I had no idea they were made up there. I thought that was pretty cool and we got a yummy bag of chocolate covered raisins to snack on! We also stopped in Bakersfield to eat at Outback and then when we got to the grapevine it was a bit foggy. We rolled in around 11:00 and were exhausted. What a long day! Chris and I were glad it was over.

Here is Maddie in front of the SunMaid raisin sign. The other kids were asleep in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment