Call me crazy but I love black Friday. I woke up early on Thursday and tore open the newspaper to find what good deals were in store for me. I made my lists and decided I'd go to Toys 'r' us first. Boy was that insane! I woke up at 4:45 am and threw on a sweatshirt. I drove down to there only to find that a zillion other people had the same idea. The doors opened at 5 and they let in a certain amount of people. The line to get into the store was forever long but I decided to wait, after all that was the fun of it! I waited an entire hour just to get into the store. Once inside it was a zoo, I quickly grabbed my items and got in line to pay. After another hour in line I put my treasures in the truck and headed to Target, then Wal-mart and then another Target. When it was over, I was exhausted but boy was it fun! Next year I need to bring someone with me so that way we can wait in line for each other, while the other shops.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thanksgiving and Black Friday
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's with Uncle Wes and Aunt Kristy and Uncle David. It was nice to be with family and enjoy some very yummy food.





Call me crazy but I love black Friday. I woke up early on Thursday and tore open the newspaper to find what good deals were in store for me. I made my lists and decided I'd go to Toys 'r' us first. Boy was that insane! I woke up at 4:45 am and threw on a sweatshirt. I drove down to there only to find that a zillion other people had the same idea. The doors opened at 5 and they let in a certain amount of people. The line to get into the store was forever long but I decided to wait, after all that was the fun of it! I waited an entire hour just to get into the store. Once inside it was a zoo, I quickly grabbed my items and got in line to pay. After another hour in line I put my treasures in the truck and headed to Target, then Wal-mart and then another Target. When it was over, I was exhausted but boy was it fun! Next year I need to bring someone with me so that way we can wait in line for each other, while the other shops.
Call me crazy but I love black Friday. I woke up early on Thursday and tore open the newspaper to find what good deals were in store for me. I made my lists and decided I'd go to Toys 'r' us first. Boy was that insane! I woke up at 4:45 am and threw on a sweatshirt. I drove down to there only to find that a zillion other people had the same idea. The doors opened at 5 and they let in a certain amount of people. The line to get into the store was forever long but I decided to wait, after all that was the fun of it! I waited an entire hour just to get into the store. Once inside it was a zoo, I quickly grabbed my items and got in line to pay. After another hour in line I put my treasures in the truck and headed to Target, then Wal-mart and then another Target. When it was over, I was exhausted but boy was it fun! Next year I need to bring someone with me so that way we can wait in line for each other, while the other shops.
Labels:
Black Friday,
fall,
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree. The only way to go for Black Friday sales is to have someone stand in line for you.
And make sure you both take cell phones. They are amazing.
I didn't do black friday this year, but I've done it before, and have it pretty much down. Some places do theirs at midnight on Thanksgiving, so one year I sent Rob and my BIL to the midnight one, while my sister and I slept and got up at 5 to head to the 6 am ones.
Btw, those homemade rolls look amazing, and also the darling Thanksgiving name tags. You are extremely creative; you take after your mom!
I have creative genes, but lately I'm just too busy to use them; things I think of doing, I discard with the thought, "ugh. too much time, too much to do!"
Post a Comment