l
I had the opportunity to train 2 offices in San Luis Obispo last weekend. Of course I jumped on it cause I just love the area soooo much! I thought it would be fun to take the kids up there to be in the nice crisp fall weather and maybe even visit a pumpkin patch! Last Friday we headed up, I worked that afternoon and then we spent the evening at one of my favorite places, Avila Barn.
It is the cutest little Farmers market and farm. They have homemade ice cream, all sorts of fresh fruit and vegetables and fields of whatever is in season. We have enjoyed visiting at different times of the year but had never been during pumpkin season. I don't think I had ever seen more pumpkins in my life. They had mountains and mountains of pumpkins. I am such a sucker for pumpkin patches! Especially the real old fashioned ones. At Avila Barn they have a hay ride that takes you out to the pumpkin patch so you can pick your own if you want. They also have a ton of different animals that you can feed. And they will give you a bag of lettuce to feed the animals at no charge.
Here is why I love the "Real" pumpkin patch as opposed to the street corner one:
Real pumpkin patch:
- 1000's of Fresh Pumpkins
- Down home atmosphere
- Free Hayride
- Free Food to feed animals
- Total money spent: $0
Street Corner Pumpkin Patch:
- Pumpkins strategically placed on hay bales
- Honking Cars and Exhaust
- Lame Kiddie rides that cost $$$
- Bounce House $$$
- Petting Zoo $$$ (and extra $$$ if you want to feed the animals)
- Total Money spent: $25
1 comment:
cute pictures!
Post a Comment