Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beauty and the Beast


Maddie's long awaited production of Beauty and the Beast was this weekend and boy am I exhausted! Maddie auditioned for this production put on by Los Osos High School and Broadway Experience back in March. She was so excited to be part of something so big! She was the youngest person in the whole play and the other cast members were so good to her. It was so much fun and I am really glad she did it.

She had rehearsals all week long and some even lasted until 11:30pm which is very late for a six-year-old but I didn't mind because it was such a great experience for her. There were 5 shows and I watched all but one! The cast was soooo good. I especially loved the Beast and Belle. Maddie had so much fun getting to know all of them and it makes her very excited to someday get a big part in a play.

Today was the last show and it went very well. They got a standing ovation and it was a packed house! There was a cast party afterward and it was so much fun to see her interact with all the other kids. They all took such good care of her and she was just babied so much by them. Her ego is huge now! Most of the kids were high school age and then there were some tweens as well, but she was the youngest by 2 years.

Here is a little video clip that I sneaked of her doing her part as a "sugar cube" in "Be Our Guest". She looked so adorable but never could get quite on cue with the other girls. I think it made it cuter! She is obviously the one in the middle.




Saturday afternoon my family came to watch Maddie and then in the evening Chris' family came. It was fun for Maddie to have her family there watching her. After the matinée show Maddie had 1 hour to eat so we all went to Old Spaghetti Factory and then Chris rushed her back to the show. Here are some pictures of Maddie with her cousins and at Spaghetti Factory


Maddie as a sugar cube in "Human Again"


Grand Finale- Maddie is the second from the left


Maddie with her cousins after the play (Collin, Kallie, and Davis)



We went to Maddie's favorite restaurant "Spaghetti Factory" to celebrate a job well done!


Here are some pictures I took during and after the last performance:
(The cast came out in their costumes but Maddie was so used to going backstage to change she didn't come out in costume)


Maddie with her new friend, the ottoman dog!

Maddie with Mrs. Potts


These two little girls (9 yrs old) helped Maddie back stage and were so sweet to her


Maddie with the Beast (well he is a prince now). He was the star of the show, wonderful voice!


Maddie with her friend who played "Chip"- a girl of course



Maddie with the lovely Belle

Maddie with Babette and Lumiere

5 comments:

Wes & Kristy said...

She looks so cute! So sad we missed it. Can't wait to hear about it.

Janelle said...

I saw the Broadway of Beauty and the Beast and it is my favorite of all the shows by far... such a good show to be in!!! Maddie looked adorable, and Lumiere and his feather duster were my favorites...

Janelle said...

I saw the Broadway of Beauty and the Beast and it is my favorite of all the shows by far... such a good show to be in!!! Maddie looked adorable, and Lumiere and his feather duster were my favorites...

Anonymous said...

It's always so much fun running in to you. Cute family! Cute Blog!
Feel free to visit us anytime.

Sara said...

She will soon by the star of a play someday with her talent.