After the long wait Christmas day had finally arrived! Carter is finally starting to understand the difference between "Christmas time" "Christmas Eve" and "Christmas Day". Every time we would go to Target and he wanted a new toy, I would say, "wait until Christmas and you just might get it." So he would cry and say, "Christmas takes forever!!" When it was finally Christmas eve and he went to bed, he was so excited to find out that Santa would come that night!
Because the kids went to bed so late, I actually woke them up at 7:30 am. I was making breakfast for my family (15 people) so I wanted to get the show on the road so I could cook. The kids popped right up and were so excited. We always put up a sheet at the entry to our living room so the kids don't see their Santa gifts until we are ready with the video camera and all! It is always so much fun to see their reactions, it is priceless. Carter got the new Geotrax train he's been asking for. Maddie got a baby alive (doll that pees) and a Karaoke machine so she can sing her heart out. Sawyer got a tonka ride on truck. I enjoyed watching the kids look at their presents for a little bit and then it was off to the kitchen to cook.
Chris' family is Danish so they grew up eating Aebleskivers (fried pancake balls) for Christmas breakfast. So we have started the tradition in our own home. My family loves them so much they want me to make them for them too, so we had Mom and Dad, Heather and Cisco, Wes and Kristy and all of their kids over. Fifteen people in all! We had 80 aebleskivers with raspberry sauce, 8 lbs of roasted potatoes, 7 lbs of bacon, and 18 Eggs! We had tons of bacon left over, I think I over estimated on that end! It was fun, and everyone stayed to clean up. Kristy even cleaned the floor!
After breakfast everyone left and we opened our gifts with the kids. As soon as that was over we hurried and got dressed and went to Chris' Mom, Faye's house. We opened gifts there with his siblings and all the cousins. After that we went to My parents house and had a wonderful dinner and opened gifts. By the time we got home it was 9 pm and we were pooped! We put the kids right to bed. They were a little sad that they didn't get to play with their toys all day because we weren't at home. The house looked like a cyclone had hit it with boxes, opened toys, and packages everywhere! What a nightmare. It took me two days to clean it up, and get their new stuff put away and organized.
It was a wonderful day! Chris and I both said to each other, lets make Christmas a little less hectic next year and relax some more with the kids!
Here are a few pictures, I wasn't too camera happy so there aren't any pictures of the kids with their Santa gifts or breakfast. I was a little too busy...
No comments:
Post a Comment