Christmas Eve was lots of fun this year. Every other year we spend Christmas Eve with Chris' Dad, Ed and his wife Tanya. We usually get together with them and Chris' siblings and go out to dinner and then open gifts at their house after. This year we went to Olive Garden and it was so much fun to be with all of the cousins and all of Chris' siblings. Between Chris, Kirsten, and Kelli we spent much of the night laughing! I was the brunt of one of their jokes: When I went to take Carter to the bathroom I came back to the table and all the waiters came out with a cake and sang happy birthday to me! I was so embarrassed, as many of you know Christmas eve is not my birthday. I was a good sport and went along with it. The waiter even asked me what it was like to have my birthday on Christmas eve! It was fun but I'll get 'em back next time!
After dinner the kids got to open their gifts and were very excited about that! Chris and I got an annual family pass to the LA Zoo from Ed and Tanya. It was the perfect gift, I have always wanted one! The kids will love that and Chris works only 15 minutes from the Zoo.
When we got home from their house it was already 10 pm and we wanted to get in bed at a decent time so we hurried and had the kids open their Christmas eve P.J.s and put them right to bed. Luckily they fell asleep fast! We did the usual Christmas eve stuff and got to bed around 2 am which wasn't too bad. I was hoping to go to bed by 12 but that didn't happen! One year I stayed up until 6 am, I learned my lesson that year!!
Here is a picture of the kids in their Jammies
No comments:
Post a Comment