Saturday, June 9, 2012

Twice the Fun at Disneyland

In the month of February we got to go to Disneyland twice!  Sawyer and I are the only ones who have passes and since Libby is free I get 2 extra tickets when I do a mystery shop.  It works out great when I have the older kids come.  The first time we went it was just Libby, Sawyer and I.  It was actually a rainy day but rain or shine I have to do my mystery shop so we brought the jogger and some ponchos just in case we got rained on.  It turned out perfect though because we got no rain at all and the park was not crowded. 

IMG_0739

IMG_0740

Sawyer had never been on Tom Sawyer’s Island and since he bears the same name he was very excited to go explore it.  For some reason I’ve just avoided it, probably because strollers aren’t allowed over there and I always have a stroller.  Since Libby’s getting bigger now and can do a lot of walking it wasn’t so bad.  Sawyer had a great time and it is one of his favorite things to do now at Disneyland. 

IMG_0753

IMG_0773

IMG_0794

IMG_0790

We made sure to hit up Dumbo since it wasn’t very crowded.  The lady working the ride was so nice, she noticed the two kids fighting over the control and she told us that if they’d take turns she’d let us go twice!

IMG_0807

 

About a week later we ALL got to go to Disneyland on the kids day off from school.  Grampy had the day off too so we took him along with us.  It was really fun having him with us because the kids rarely have the opportunity to go to Disneyland with him.  We went to PCH grill and had breakfast with Mickey and friends. 

IMG_0836

IMG_0843

IMG_0845

Then of course we hit up my favorite ride- Toy Story Mania.  I love to get my kids pictures wearing the 3D glasses. 

IMG_0851

IMG_0854

It was so great to have Grampy there to help take care of the kids.  Libby has taken a special liking to Grampy and he spoils her. 

IMG_0862

The kids discovered Silly Symphony swings and had a great time going several times.  Sawyer got to ride with Grampy on the Tandem swing.

IMG_0865

My dad had me take this picture of him on Jumping Jellyfish and he showed it to his class the next day.  He told them he was doing a little research on his day off.  The class was currently studying Jelly Fish.  I’m sure they got a kick out of that!

IMG_0871

We ate lunch at Corn Dog Castle, always a favorite for me!

IMG_0869

We headed over to Tom Sawyer’s Island since Sawyer wanted to show the other kids all the fun things they could do.  Grampy remembered going there as a little boy. 

IMG_0876

The kids found the treasure while on the island!

IMG_0882

We had such a wonderful time taking Grampy to Disneyland we hope we can do it again soon!

No comments: