Monday, June 4, 2012

Bike Riding

For years I’ve wanted to get our family all on bikes and riding for fun.  This year for Christmas Santa was able to help make that happen.  Maddie and Sawyer both got bikes.  Chris bought me a bike and I bought a baby seat on Craig’s list for Libby.  Carter already had a bike that he had gotten for his birthday last year so we were all set.   (Chris still does not have a bike mind you but he’s been saving up for a really nice one)  The rest of us are sticking with Huffy for now. 

IMG_0094

Maddie on her lovely Huffy Bike

 

IMG_0093

My cool mint green bike.  It may say Huffy on the back but it looks pretty stylin’  (before I attached the baby seat)

IMG_0099

Carter’s getting pretty good at riding and just loves it

 

During Christmas Break the kids really enjoyed the beautiful weather and we went on a couple of bike rides.  We have a trail about 1/4 mile from our home and it spans over 20 miles.   So we are very fortunate to be able to ride on it.  The first time I took the kids out it was a little crazy keeping them all together and keeping Sawyer from crying because he was on training wheels and couldn’t go as fast as the big kids.  There is a 7-eleven on the route so we stopped and enjoyed some slurpees.

IMG_0161

IMG_0169

A couple of weeks later Sawyer really wanted to try riding his bike without training wheels.  So we took them off and it only took two tries before he was on his own!  He is my youngest to ride a two-wheeler.  I was so proud of him.  Here is a short video of the moment he was on his own!

Here is my big boy riding a two wheeler!  Don’t ask me why he has his shirt on backwards.  He just likes to do that some times.  I’ll tell him to turn it around and he says, “No, I like it this way.”

IMG_0658

Since Sawyer has been riding like a big boy I’ve taken him on several bike rides on the trail while the kids are at school.  The other day we went on a 10 mile bike ride.  He did awesome!  I’m sure this Summer will be filled with lots of bike rides.

No comments: