My Dad’s oldest brother, Chris is the patriarch of the Jones Family. On November 12, he reached a huge milestone and turned 70 years old. Last year on just before Christmas he suffered a massive heart attack and stroke that left him paralyzed on one side of his body. It is a miracle that he survived. This past year he has been through so much with his dear wife Louise. His children wanted to give him a wonderful celebration and celebrate his life for his 70th birthday. I was so grateful to be able to be part of it. He is a great man and I have wonderful memories of him. He reminds me a lot of my grandpa Talmage. The last time I saw him before his stroke we were at his home for a shower and we were talking about the Book of Mormon. He wanted me to be able to hold one of the original copies of the Book of Mormon which he had in his possession. He brought it out and let me hold it. It was amazing to be able to hold something of such great worth and significance. My mom was worried that it might get ruined by letting people touch it, but Uncle Chris objected and said, “no, I think it is important for people to get to hold it and feel of its significance” He loves church history and has spoken to thousands of people about it over the years.
My mom made a massive BYU football cake as Uncle Chris is a huge BYU fan. They even had the game on during his party.

Here are Chris and Louise with their 4 children. I love my cousins and look up to them so much.

Barbara Jean insisted upon putting 70 candles on his cake. I didn’t think she could do it but she did!

What a wonderful life and legacy my uncle Chris has led. Here’s to many more years!
1 comment:
Wow you didn't need any light with all those candles! What a great family we have.
Post a Comment