Its hard to believe my first born is a decade old. I vividly remember when I turned 10, I felt old and mature. I remember my dad saying, “you are a decade old today” and it made me feel so grown up. Madeline turned 10 on November 20 and had a very special weekend with lots of fun. Her birthday fell on a Sunday so we planned a few activities in the days surrounding it. She chose not to have a party this year and instead receive a $100 bill, which she put right in the bank. She is such a saver! On Friday I made cupcakes for her class and she celebrated with her classmates. On Saturday, Chris took her to In-n-out and they came home and watched a teeny bopper movie together and I made caramel corn for them. On Sunday morning Chris and I got up and made her breakfast before church. It was her favorite, Aebelskivers which are reserved for very special occasions in our house. After church, we had Grammy and Grampy, Chris and Amanda, and Wes and Kristy over for dinner. We all sat around and told Maddie what we loved about her… a Jones family tradition. The next day she went to lunch with Grandma Faye at Mimi’s and had Quiche. She felt very special and had a great time. She also had a fun trip to Dave and Busters with Sawyer and Carter later that week.
Maddie is a dream daughter. She is such a joy to have in our home and is a vital part of our family. She is such a great big sister to her siblings. She helps me so much around the house and I am so grateful to her! She is mature and responsible and has a huge heart. She is such a leader and is always keeping our family on the right track by reminding us to have Family Home Evening (sometimes taking over ) and family prayer. She is such a hard worker and always gives 100% at school. We are so proud of her accomplishments and talents. She is a ray of sunshine in our lives.
.
.
2 comments:
Wow! That's impressive that you have a 10 year old!! what's my problem?
Katie, Thanks for leaving a comment! I can't believe Maddie is 10! She's darling. Your whole family is too cute. I love blonde little kids.
We do like Houston, but miss home a lot. Being close to family is wonderful.
Post a Comment