Legos are pretty popular at our house these days. Sawyer decided he wanted to have a Lego party for his 5th birthday. I had so much fun creating the invitation. I actually built the lego words myself using a cool program called LEGO digital designer. Here are some fun pictures from the party. Here is Sawyer with his buddy Dylan, who happens to be our neighbor.
My mom made this AMAZING Lego cake. I saw this idea online, and asked her if she could make a cake that looked like a Lego. I should have known she’d turn it into a masterpiece. Believe it or not this is not fondant, it is cream cheese icing. She is that talented. It is as smooth as glass and was a big hit at the party. (I felt like such a bad mom, I completely forgot to pick up some candles, so all I had was one candle that I fished out of my junk drawer.)
Sawyer had a great day and the party was a success. (Despite the fact that the night before I pulled an all-nighter putting together an entertainment center from Ikea to house the new 60 inch LCD TV Chris won at work. Chris stayed up too but ended up falling asleep around 4am)
3 comments:
The Lego cake is Amazing, Katie! You always do such fun parties for your kids! That's awesome that Chris won that huge TV at work, too... How fun!
Great party invitation and fabulous cake! Brad might actually want one for his birthday. :) Happy Birthday to Sawyer!
HAppy Birthday Sawyer! Looks like it was a hit! YOu are soooo creative!
Post a Comment