Monday, June 28, 2010

10 years ago...

On June 17, 2000, I entered the Los Angeles Temple as a single eager woman with high hopes for my future. I left the temple that day a partner, help-meet, and wife to my best friend, Chris Nielsen. It is hard to believe that 10 years has passed since Chris and I were married. At times it seems like yesterday but when I look at all that has occurred and all we've accomplished together it seems so long ago. We were two innocent 21 year-olds with so much to look forward to. We had no idea of the wonderful children we'd be blessed with and the wonderful memories we would experience together. I am so incredibly grateful that I married Chris and that we have been able to share these past 10 years as husband and wife. I look forward to so many more!

Its pretty interesting that the Lakers played in the NBA finals during our honeymoon 10 years ago (and yes being the loyal Laker fan that Chris is, he did watch final game) Now 10 years later on our very anniversary the Lakers played game 7. It fell on a Thursday so we hadn't planned to do much that night. Our big night was going to be Friday. We watched the game at home with the kids and I was a little stressed that they would lose (and it would definitely put Chris in a bad mood) but luckily they won and he was a very happy hubby! We took the kids out to dinner at 9 o'clock with us to celebrate our anniversary with them. Good thing it's Summer and they can sleep in the next morning!

On Friday we had a special night planned. We had my parents watch the Maddie, Carter and Sawyer. We dropped Libby off at Grandma Faye's house so she could watch her while we ate dinner. We went to the Derby in Arcadia and it was delicious. We had bacon wrapped Filet Mignon. We picked Libby up and then went to our hotel. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arcadia, which is the hotel where we spent our wedding night. It was a wonderful evening and we reminisced of that wonderful day 10 years ago. Chris made it such a special anniversary.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! I'm glad that you were able to celebrate as a couple and as a family. I really enjoyed seeing your pictures from your wedding. They are beautiful.

Clouse House said...

Wow, 10 years!! Congrats and Happy Anniversary. Its amazing how fast it goes when you are so happy.

Marcie said...

It's crazy that our anniversaries are only a week apart! Periwinkle was one of my colors too. Happy 10th!