Libby Jean Nielsen
Born January 11, 2010
4:10 am
7 lbs 11 oz
19 inches

Our Little Girl finally arrived early Monday morning. I knew that she would come early since the other 3 came at least 2 weeks early. She came at 38 weeks on the dot. I had a ton of things going on and my very last commitment was Sunday night Jan. 10. It was our Great to be 8 night for the kids turning 8 in primary. I was getting so uncomfortable I was dying for her to come before but she didn't. Sunday morning Chris urged me just to stay home and rest since I wasn't feeling well but I thought, "If I go to church and do all that I have to do today, maybe I'll go into labor!" So I got up early went to my early meetings, church, made dinner and even went to Great to be 8. I squeezed in time to sweep and mop the floors, vacuum and make sure every piece of laundry and dishes were done just in case I went into labor that night. That night at Great to be 8 I knew I was having some contractions and on my way home they got even stronger. I called Chris and told him that we were going to the hospital tonight no doubt about it. We called my parents to come over, Chris put the kids to bed and we left for the hospital. I was so excited and a little nervous too. When we arrived I was a little bummed to find out I was only 3.5 cm dilated and that she was still very high. My contractions were very regular and getting stronger so they decided to admit me. Yeah! I was going to have my baby that night!! My labor went pretty smoothly and uneventful. The last 4 cms went very quickly and I swear I felt more pain at the end then I'd ever felt with an epidural before but they kept telling me it was just pressure. My mom was able to drive to our hospital and spend the last few hours of Labor with us. When it came time to push she was out in less than 10 minutes. (I guess when it's your fourth baby that's the way it goes.) I was overcome with sheer joy and even though I'd experienced this 3 times before it still feels amazing. I just couldn't believe that my baby girl was finally here! (I was relieved to find out that she was indeed a girl.)

As soon as her head was out Chris told me that she looked like Carter. As we've been around her more she looks a little like Maddie to us as well. She has my small skinny lips, Chris' crazy feet, and she has the same head shape as Maddie.

I was surprised that she was the biggest of our 4 babies. I actually was worried that she'd be so small because I looked a lot smaller this pregnancy than the others.

Libby with Daddy

Grammy and Libby

Grampy came to visit also


Grandpa Ed and Tanya came to visit that evening

Libby all bundled up in her bassinet

Libby was my 3rd birth at Kaiser in Baldwin Park. I noticed a huge difference this time around. Not that my other hospital stays were negative but it just seemed that they were going above and beyond which I certainly wasn't used to. It seemed at every moment we were being asked how we were being treated, if we were happy with the nurses, the janitorial staff, etc. On our first night there we were given a Celebratory Dinner in honor of our baby. This is what it looked like. They even put down a table cloth and layed a pink rose across our table, and gave us Martinellis and Champagne glasses. The food was mediocre but it was a nice personal touch. Kudos to Kaiser, I'd definitely recommend having a baby at Kaiser Baldwin Park.
3 comments:
Congratulations, Katie and Chris! Libby is beautiful! I love her name. I'm so glad your labor and delivery went well and the baby is here safe and sound. I'm so excited for you guys! And it's so sweet to see the kids gathered around her, especially Maddie. Hope your recovery goes well, Katie. Congrats, Jen
Congrats again Katie & Chris...Libby is so cute!
How's the sleeping schedule... getting any rest!?!
Glad to hear your stay at Kaiser was better. We've been trying to do some of these same things with our Birth Center. Would you mind if I share some of your thoughts with our Docs & Administration? it would be great to show them a third party perspective. It's the little things that seem to make a big difference (celebration dinner, inquires about stay, etc), isn't it!?!
Congratulations, Katie & Chris! She is absolutely precious! I love the name Libby...so cute!
Post a Comment