Monday, September 8, 2008

Soccer + Cast = NO FUN


Maddie started Soccer her first week of school. She is playing U-8 for AYSO. She had never played a sport before so I was a little worried about how she would do. After we took her to her first practice she absolutely loved it. She fit in so well with all the girls and even was a little aggressive. When Daddy got home from work he took her to Chick's to get a ball and shin guards. I had no idea she'd be that excited. The next day she was outside playing in the yard with her full uniform on and she even got Carter to play with her.

All was well until later that week she broke her arm at school! Apparently she ran into a boy and just fell down wrong and fractured her wrist! I thought for sure there was nothing wrong. The nurse didn't even call me. She just sent her back to class. So the next day when Maddie kept complaining about her wrist, I thought I'd get it checked. Sure enough it was broken. For some strange reason all kids wish they could have a cast, until they have one! Maddie was excited for about 5 minutes, then she kept asking, "can I take it off"! Now she asks, "how many more days to I have to wear it?" She has about 2 1/2 weeks left. The sad thing is that she hasn't been able to play soccer at all and it just kills me because she was so excited! I have taken her to some of the practices to watch but she just gets frustrated and bored. The good thing is she'll only miss two games. On Saturday it was picture day so we'll always remember how she started off her first season of soccer. I really hope she likes it and wants to do it again! (I made the bows for the whole team. I thought they turned out pretty cute! The only thing I knew about soccer was the cute bows they wear so I volunteered to make them!)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I really need a better picture of the cute bow!