Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sam & Harry's Mystery Shop



Many of you know that I have been a mystery shopper for the past 4 years. Sometimes it is a little overrated and you go to a lot of work for very little compensation. But when you get a shop like I did last night it makes all the little ones worth it. I have tried to get this shop for the past year or so but I was never the first to request it now but this month I got lucky and I requested it first!

The shop was at a place called Sam and Harry's in Newport Beach, CA. A little far from home (50 miles) but totally worth the $180 reimbursement. Sam and Harry's is a famous steakhouse originating in Washington D.C. which is said to have been frequented by Presidents of the U.S.. Chris and I are always up for a great steak especially when it is paid for. That and we really wanted to see how good a $180 meal would taste. So we dropped the kids off at his mom's house and headed down to Newport. The restaurant was beautiful- overlooking a golf course and the ocean. We had Filet Mignon and Halibut. It was delicious and totally satisfying. For dessert I had a cute little plate with a tiny cup of Creme Brulee, a tiny fruit tart and a teeny piece of chocolate cake with mouse. It was delicious, just perfect. The meal with tip came to $160. Even though it was really good, I can't imagine ever spending that much money on a dinner for 2. Even if I was filthy rich. But it was really fun pretending that we were!

So doing those $10 shops at Bestbuy that take 2 hours to complete (shop and survey) are worth it when you get to do a big one!!!

If you are interested in becoming a Mystery shopper go to bestmark.com. It doesn't cost anything to do it. If you live in California you can do Disneyland shops which are really fun but
A LOT of work!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I bet that creme brulee was worth it... yummmm! Jeff has been to plenty of fine dining establishments like that, and he still prefers the low key places the best. Sounds like a super fun date!!!