Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Three's Company

Since Maddie has minimum days all week I decided it would be fun to go to Disneyland after school today. I was a little nervous taking all 3 kids to Disneyland by myself, I had done it once before but we didn't really go on any rides and we just watched the parade and went home. This time we were going to be there for a good 5 hours or so. I took the plunge and decided it would be a fun adventure. It actually turned out to be pretty fun. There were a few difficult moments like folding up my big double stroller and getting on the train with it and Sawyer in my arms! Luckily there was a really nice man that saw me struggling and he helped me with the stroller. Carter and Maddie were like angels. They didn't even wander off and stayed right with me the whole time. Sawyer loved the rides and walking around the characters houses in toontown but once I put him back in the stroller he was not a happy camper.

We were able to do tons of stuff in such a short amount of time. It wasn't too crowded so the lines were great. We went to California Adventure first and went to Monsters inc. which the kids love! Here is a picture of Carter doing his greatest monster scare!



Then we went over to Disneyland and Maddie finally got to meet Ariel. She always wants to meet her but the line is usually very long. It wasn't too bad so we ended up waiting. Sawyer wasn't too interested, and Carter was freaked out by her big huge tail and fins so he wouldn't take a picture with her, he just kept his distance. Maddie was thrilled and afterward she told me that someday she wants to work at Disneyland and be a princess. (not Ariel because her costume is not modest) I remember the day when she really believed that they were real so it is kind of sad that now she knows they are just costumes.




Then it was off to Toontown. We got to meet Mickey which was very exciting for Sawyer, his first time ever face to face with Mickey. He has been obsessed with a stuffed Mickey that he sleeps with every night so he was pretty excited to meet the real thing. When we walked in the room he ran towards him but it wasn't our turn yet so I had to pull his leash and he was really upset. Then when it was our turn he was in awe and just stood back and stared at him, it was very cute! I took this picture of Maddie and Carter and you can see Sawyer to the side frozen still just staring at Mickey. After the picture he did give him "5" and he touched his nose.




The next two pictures are at Toontown as well







Here is a couple of cute pictures on the train. All in all we had a great day and yes I would do it again, with 3 little ones in tow! I think it will only get easier as Sawyer gets older. Maddie is such a big helper, I wouldn't be able to do it without her!



2 comments:

Traciannee said...

I am so jealous of you. One, you have darling kids and two you can go to Disneyland when ever you want to. Your kids are getting so grown-up. Great job!

Janelle said...

I love it when I take the kids places I normally wouldn't without Jeff and they know I mean business. They are usually much better than they would ever be with the both of us. I can't wait to go to Disneyland again!!! Love you guys