
Earlier this year I signed up for the waiting list for American Idol and a few days ago I got an email letting me know that tickets were available! The way it works is, every week they send out emails to a certain number of people on the waiting list in the email are 3 links, one for the dress rehearsal (held just hours before the live show), one for the Live Tuesday show, and then one for the live results show. By the time I got the email the Live Tuesday show was already booked but I was able to get tickets to the dress rehearsal which was really cool! We had to be there today at 12:45pm but didn't actually get into the studio until 2:00 pm! They treat it just like the regular show but things are a little more casual and Ryan acts a little crazier and throws his own stuff in. They actually tape the whole thing and use parts of it in the final live show. I went with my mom and two of my young women (who totally have a crush on David Archuleta!) It was really cool because Ryan Seacrest came right to where we were sitting and we got to shake his hand and he even chatted with my mom before the camera started rolling. He seemed like a really cool guy and was even better looking in person. We saw David Archuletta's Dad sitting a couple of rows down from us. My mom went over and sat next to him and made the "Mormon Connection". They had stand-ins for the judges that looked and acted just like them so it was pretty comical! As I watched the show on TV tonight I felt like the performances were much better in person, the sound quality is so much better, especially the band. And the lights and effects are so much better in person. The studio set is pretty amazing too! Just a lot smaller in person. It was so much fun, I totally would love to do it again but due to the high demand of tickets I probably won't get to the top of the list until next season! I am looking forward to going to "So you think you can dance" I have been on that waiting list for a while now so hopefully I will get to go! Sorry no pictures, obviously they wouldn't allow cameras or even cell phones in the studio.
4 comments:
HOW FUN!
I am soooo jealous!
It sounds like it was AMAZING!
Thats funny about the judges too.
I AM SUPER JEALOUS!! One reason to move to California. Maybe I'll add my name to the list and fly out for it if I get the emails!
SO fun! If I were 16 I would totally have a crush on David A. too, now I just hope there are cute boys like that for my girls to date when they're 16. So nice to have a respectful, funny, down to earth guy like that being a good example for all the youth.
That is so cool, we love A.I.!!! I was so happy to see your comment on our blog. We are living in Huntington Beach so we totally need to meet up sometime. Your kids are adorable... and you have THREE of them... I am behind :) I love this whole blog thing so we can keep in touch.
Post a Comment