Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chris’ 35th Birthday


Chris’ Birthday was on August 18th which fell on a Sunday.  I feel bad because I never make a big deal out of Chris’ birthday so I decided to really celebrate this year.  We made an entire weekend out of it!  We asked Chris’ mom to come over and watch the kids on Friday afternoon while we drove into LA for the night.  We checked into our hotel and headed to Beverly Hills for dinner at his favorite restaurant, Ruth’s Chris.  We had delicious Filet Mignon, Mac and Cheese, Garlic Mashed potatoes and they brought us the most perfect Cheese Cake for dessert!  It was a wonderful evening! 
IMG_2734
IMG_2735
After dinner we couldn’t resist driving by the Sprinkles Cupcake’s ATM and picking up a Raspberry cupcake.  I was too stuffed from dinner so I had it for breakfast the next morning!
IMG_2736
The next morning we checked out of our hotel and headed over to Dodger Stadium for a really neat stadium tour.  I had been wanting to do this with Chris for a long time now so it worked out perfectly for his birthday weekend.  We really enjoyed the tour.  It was so neat to get into some really exclusive areas of the stadium. 
IMG_2752
Here’s us with a view from the top, where the tour began. 
IMG_2738
Next we went into the Vin Scully press box.  What an awesome person he is.  We got to sit in the seats where sports writers sit during the game, and listen to some really fun stories from our tour guide.  We also got to see the organ where Nancy Bea plays the organ every game since 1988.  Its nice to know that even with all the technology we have, she still plays “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” every game. 
IMG_2761
IMG_2754
We took the elevator down to the lowest level where the clubhouse is.  The halls were lined with trophies and other memorabilia.  Chris enjoyed looking at them. 
IMG_2762
IMG_2764
At this time they do not let the tour go into the Dodger’s Clubhouse but we were able to visit the visitors clubhouse and training area.  It was really cool to see where all these famous baseball players have practiced batting, worked out and their locker room.  One thing that surprised me about the locker room was that it wasn’t very nice.  The shower area resembled an old high school locker room!  I certainly hope the Dodger’s have a nicer locker room!
IMG_2774
We walked right out into the visitors dugout and also got to walk across the field to the Dodger’s dugout.  It was really cool to sit there where the players sit.  IMG_2775
I even got to drink out of a drinking fountain where more players probably spit than drink! 
IMG_2776
IMG_2757
What an awesome day we had at Dodger Stadium.  The tour was so much fun and I’d highly recommend it to anyone who loves the Dodgers or baseball in general.  They do the tour year round too which is cool! 
After we left the stadium we went to Pasadena to one of Chris’ favorite spots for lunch, Clearman’s Galley, or “The Boat” as we grew up calling it.  Yes we enjoyed lots of yummy food this weekend for his birthday! 
IMG_2778
After lunch we went to Santa Anita Mall, walked around and went to see a movie.  We headed home in the evening to relieve Faye from watching the kids.  The next day on his actual birthday I made Tri-tip for dinner and we had a great day with the kids.  I’m not sure how I’ll top this birthday weekend next year! 

No comments: