On January 11, 2011 Libby turned 1! It was a special birthday because she was 1 on 1/11/11. We had a fun day with Libby on her birthday. Because of the special date, our favorite yogurt place offered a small yogurt for only $1. After school we took Grammy with us and Libby got her very own yogurt! She loved it and ate almost all of it. For dinner we went to Tio’s for Taco Tuesday.
We had Libby’s birthday party on January 15 and she was just adorable at it. She could tell she was the center of attention and felt very special. She took a nice long nap before the party so she was in a great mood. Here are her invites…
Grammy gave made yummy cupcakes and a special mini cake for Libby to eat herself.
Libby was very lady-like when she ate her cake but eventually she went nuts on it and dug in!
She had a nice bath in the sink with both Grandmas helping wash her.
Libby had a great birthday party with our immediate families there to celebrate with us. I actually have a lot more pictures I’ll post later that Chris’ sister Kirsten’s boyfriend took.
A couple of days later Libby had her 1 year check up and she is in great health. She was 29” long and 21 lbs. Both in the 50th percentile. She did not like getting her shots though. For some reason the older they get the harder it becomes.
Libby just loves the mirror at the doctors office.
As my baby turned a year it was bittersweet. Yes it has been fun to see her grow and change and start to discover the world but now that she is a year I am saying goodbye to my baby days. I’ve said this several times before on my blog but unless there are any surprises down the road, we have decided Libby is our last baby. So each month as she grows, I get a little sad thinking that I’ll never experience these baby stages again. One thing thing that was hard for me was stopping nursing. I stopped nursing shortly after her birthday and she was completely fine with it which made me a little more sad. There is something about being able to provide that comfort for your baby and to not have that anymore is a little hard for me. I just have to find other ways to cuddle and get close with her. Some things that Libby is doing right now…
-She crawls very fast and gets around very comfortably. Not interested in walking anytime soon. (I’m okay with that.)
-She says everything and is quite the chatterbox. She loves to say Daddy, Momma, Ma Ma (for maddie), Caa (for Carter), Doyer (Sawyer), Ball, Dog (she even makes barking noises), baby (for her baby doll), baba (for her bottle), and says “Hi” when she sees people, and many more words.
-She loves to pull herself up and cruise around furniture.
-She interacts with the kids and loves to play and laugh all the time.
-She eats everything and is not very picky which I love! She loves tomatoes even!
2 comments:
WE love Libby! Happy b-day and hugs from the Jones family.
Libby is such a doll! What a cute baby. I can't believe she's one! So fun to hear what she's doing, but hard as they grow. I already have a hard time thinking about my kids growing up, and we're not even done yet! Hope you had a fun birthday too, Katie! I was thinking about you.
Post a Comment