The day after we arrived home from Hawaii was Maddie's actual birthday. We wanted to make it a special day so we started off our day at breakfast at Coco's. Maddie loves breakfast and especially Coco's breakfast. We had 2 soccer games scheduled that day but since it was raining they both got canceled so our day turned out very nice! We also planned on going to Dinner that evening at Lucille's BBQ, Maddie's choice.
Here she is before
Here she is after (trying to be brave)
She got tears in her eyes and let out a brief cry and then she toughened up. The guy who pierced her ears was really sweet and made her feel good. (I know I thought it was odd a guy was working at Claire's and piercing ears but he was really nice)
When she was all done she was so happy and relieved! She worried a little bit at first but then soon forgot they were even there. We went to Gap and got a few new things for her to wear and then we headed to Lucille's for dinner where we met Grammy, Grampy, Chris, Amanda, Wes, Kristy, Brady and Coleman.
Aunt Amanda made Maddie this cute sock monster.
Grammy gave Maddie a new Christmas Dress
Maddie with her Grampy and Grammy
Maddie with her Aunt Kristy and Uncle Wes
Maddie with her Uncle Chris and Aunt Amanda
Grammy brought pumpkin pie and cupcakes for everyone! What a special night it was for Maddie. I think she had enough celebrating for her birthday!

Maddie has grown up a lot this past year. She is very independent and a huge helper at home. Chris and I rely on her a lot to help take care of her sister Libby, who simply adores her. Maddie is doing excellent in school this year and is so motivated and self driven it just amazes me. I was never that way at such a young age. Maddie is a precious daughter and has a strong testimony. She gets up every fast Sunday without fail to bear her testimony and speaks from her heart. Her love for the Savior and desire to do what is right is such an example to me. I love Maddie is so much. Not a single day goes by that I don't look at Maddie in amazement that she is my daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment