Tuesday Oct. 26
Sawyer's preschool class had a fun Halloween party complete with costumes and lots of goodies. Isn't preschool the best? They throw all caution to the wind when it comes to junk food and holidays.
Sawyer went as a spider and it was so easy to make. Socks from the dollar store stuffed with grocery bags attached to a plain black shirt. A cheap hat and gloves from Target ($1.50 ea.) and some googly eyes make his costume complete.
Here is Sawyer's class all dressed up. They all look so cute in their costumes.
Look at all the princesses!
His teacher Ms. Heather let the parents come in for the last hour of class to celebrate Halloween. Libby sat right down on the carpet and fit right in with all the kiddos!
Mmm... Quite a spread. Gives me a tummy ache just looking at it!
Thursday October 28th
Sawyer's preschool had a fun field trip to Heritage Park Pumpkin patch in La Verne. We had a great time. The kids went on a tractor pulled hay ride. There were some fun animals to look at and then the kids got to decorate their own little pumpkin. I had a fun time with my 2 little ones, looking forward to many more fun field trips to come. We had to rush back to Maddie's school for a "Living Museum" where she dressed up as George Washington. (look for an upcoming post) It was a busy day to say the least!
Sawyer's preschool had a fun field trip to Heritage Park Pumpkin patch in La Verne. We had a great time. The kids went on a tractor pulled hay ride. There were some fun animals to look at and then the kids got to decorate their own little pumpkin. I had a fun time with my 2 little ones, looking forward to many more fun field trips to come. We had to rush back to Maddie's school for a "Living Museum" where she dressed up as George Washington. (look for an upcoming post) It was a busy day to say the least!
Friday October 29th
Costume Parade at school for the big kids. This year Maddie went as an I-pod. It was an very easy costume, just foam core board and a cellophane window, with straps made of ribbon. I think the grand total came to $3.50. She had quite an original costume and the kids at school loved it!
Carter was actually supposed to be a mummy but when I tried wrapping him up and tacking on the muslin it was a mess. I just imagined myself wrapping him up for each and every time he had to wear the costume and I decided to get him to pick another costume. The last time we were at Disneyland he picked out an adorable Davy Crockett hat. I had just seen a cute costume online of Davy Crockett that someone made out of fringe, a tan turtle neck and Khaki pants. He saw it and instantly fell in love with it. But of course I couldn't find a tan turtle neck anywhere. So I looked in his closet to see what I could use and I noticed his Jack Sparrow costume from last year. All I had to do was add a little fringe to the boots and shirt. Grand total $3.00.
His costume was quite original at school but I don't think any of the kids his age knew who he was!
Saturday October 30th
Our annual Ward Harvest festival fell on the day before Halloween so it was very well attended. Mom and Dad came to see the kids in their costumes. Our primary was in charge of putting on 4 of the carnival booths so between getting kids costumes on and setting up the booths it was a crazy day. Libby's costume was a fairy which I just did because it was easy and cute. I really wanted her to be a pumpkin but I didn't want to go out and buy one and was too lazy to make one. Maybe next year!
Our annual Ward Harvest festival fell on the day before Halloween so it was very well attended. Mom and Dad came to see the kids in their costumes. Our primary was in charge of putting on 4 of the carnival booths so between getting kids costumes on and setting up the booths it was a crazy day. Libby's costume was a fairy which I just did because it was easy and cute. I really wanted her to be a pumpkin but I didn't want to go out and buy one and was too lazy to make one. Maybe next year!
One of our booths was a cake walk. I think the cupcakes turned out really cute and it was a big hit.
My camera died half way through the harvest festival so I didn't get many pictures. It was a big success and the kids had a great time. The kids went trunk or treating at the end and got tons of candy.
Sunday October 31
In Primary all the kids were pretty wired. After church the kids unloaded all their candy and evaluated all their loot. It brings back memories of when I was a kid. Then there's that smell when you open the bag. The mixture of all the Halloween candy creates a very familiar sent.
Sunday October 31
In Primary all the kids were pretty wired. After church the kids unloaded all their candy and evaluated all their loot. It brings back memories of when I was a kid. Then there's that smell when you open the bag. The mixture of all the Halloween candy creates a very familiar sent.
We went over to Grammy and Grampy's house for Dinner and trick-or-treating. We've been going to their neighborhood to trick-or-treat for the past 7 years! After getting the kids dressed up throughout the week I was ready for Halloween to be over with by the time it arrived.
It's so much fun having Uncle Chris and Aunt Amanda there to trick-or-treat with.
Libby was so good and she just chilled in her stroller the entire time. She loved taking it all in. We were good and didn't do a candy bucket for her. When Maddie was a baby we took her trick or treating and ate it all ourselves!

2 comments:
I've been waiting to see what your kids were. All their costumes were adorable!!! You were busy making them and it paid off big time!!! I love all of them!
Wow very impressive! I love the spider!The cost is the most impressive! Must be the Granna coming out in you!
Post a Comment