Monday, December 7, 2009

Giving Thanks





Before we get too far into the Christmas season I need to post our Thanksgiving pictures. I didn't take too many pictures this year but I got a few. We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house with Grammy and Grampy and Chris and Amanda. Maddie was very proud of her place cards that she made. It was absolutely delicious and I enjoyed every bite! It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed spending time together as a family. After dinner, and pumpkin pie of course, Chris went to see The Blind Side with the rest of the adults. I was too exhausted and wanted to get home and put the kids to bed. I had to get some sleep since I was getting up early the next morning!

The next morning I got up at 4:30 and headed to Wal-mart. It was absolutely crazy. Apparently they had an episode with some crowd control before I got there so there were police there and news cameras. I waited 2 hours in line just to get in the store! The store didn't open the doors until 6 (they were supposed to open at 5) and once I got inside it was more waiting. It was worth it cause I got what I wanted. I then headed over to Target and that was a much more pleasant experience. I don't think I'll ever do Walmart on Black Friday again. Next time I think I'll bring a buddy it was a little boring standing in line alone although in that amount of time you start making friends with people around you! I came home tired but not too tired to put up the Christmas tree and decorations after a little nap!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate and Ryan said...

Katie- We just got your darling Christmas letter in the mail today... thanx so much for sending us one! Your kids are getting so grown up! I don't have my Davis address book with me here in Hawaii, so thank you for including your blog address in the letter! I just started blogging a few months ago & love it! It's a private one, though. My email address is kabeyta6@gmail.com & I will send you an invite through email. Hope you all have a very happy holiday season!