Friday, February 6, 2009

The big 3-0!

So I have officially come of age. I finally joined club 30!

My birthday started out great. I woke up early and Chris and I headed down to Disneyland to get my FREE ticket. The rest of my family don't have passes and I didn't really want to go on a Saturday but as you may already know you get in FREE on your birthday this year... and you can apply the ticket price ($69) to an Annual pass! It was totally worth the drive just to get my annual pass and save 69 bucks! So Chris dropped Sawyer and I off (since he gets in free I took him along!) and I flashed my ID got my ticket and went in the park to get my annual pass. After we were done we took a quick ride on the train and then went back out to the car.

On our way home Chris told me that my mom had called and wanted to take us to lunch. I thought, "Cool, I'm hungry". We met my Mom at Mimi's. When I walked up to the Podium the host said, "Oh, you're here for the birthday" I thought that was a little strange then as we walked toward the patio area I saw balloons and I knew something was up. My mom and Chris had thrown me a surprise party with all my good friends from Duarte! It was so fun seeing every one and I was really surprised. My Mom made a gorgeous cake with pink tulips. Here are some fun pictures of the day. It was so nice to catch up with old friends and enjoy my birthday! Thank you so much for all those who came to celebrate with me, it meant so much to me.







Chris also took me out to Dinner and a movie that night. He had my family all write something special for me and he put it all together. It was the best gift I could have asked for. I cried as I read it, mostly it was hard to read because you never really look at yourself the way others see you. It is something I'll always treasure and read it when I need a pick me up.

3 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

sounds like you had a great birthday. We are sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you!

Did mom do the cake? its so cute!

Janelle said...

I was waiting to see pictures of that cake, I heard all about it, of course it did not disappoint! It's darling. Sorry we couldn't be there, but we love you!

doublej said...

Happy birthday! I only have a few months left in my 20s too. What a fun day you had-great tip on the disneyland thing. Sounds like you sure have thoughtful family and friend. And the cake was beautiful!