Friday, August 8, 2008

Extreme Makeover

Before






As I have mentioned on earlier posts, most of our summer has been spent working on our yard. Well this week the wait was over and all the hard work and sweat paid off when we laid our sod. We are sooooo thrilled with it, and can't believe we did it! In the beginning it seemed an insurmountable task, but piece by piece we accomplished it all. Some of the things we had to do were:
  • remove an old tree stump (my poor brother Chris hacked at it for hours and the next day tree trimmers were in our community, so I paid them 20 bucks to get rid of it.)
  • Replace all the sprinkler valves (Chris did this all by himself and after all was said and done, NO LEAKS!)
  • Rip out all the grass and weeds (This took forever! but when it was all gone it felt so good)
  • Create new flower beds and plant new flowers (this is my favorite part!)
  • Put in new landscape lighting (Something I totally wanted to try and I couldn't believe how EASY it was!! If you use Malibu lights the wiring is foolproof)
  • Plant a new tree.
  • Built a Sandbox and filled it with 1300 lbs of sand!
  • Put in drains
  • Put together a Trampoline
  • Hand layed 1900 sq feet of sod
We are so grateful to those who helped us. It was a huge project and we can't believe it is finally done. The kids love it and I especially love walking up to my gate and looking at my beautiful yard. I went from having the ugliest yard to the most beautiful in our complex and it feels great!



2 comments:

Wes & Kristy said...

Beautiful!

Kathleen Jackson said...

Hi Katie, Janelle's friend Kathleen from Texas. What an amazing job. STUNNING!!! You guys rock, it is beautiful. Happy back to school.