Sunday, April 13, 2008

Slip and Slide and a Bike Ride

Well it really heated up this weekend in California! I think it may have reached 100 yesterday! On Friday it was pretty warm as well so when Maddie got home from school I got out the slip and slide and the kids had a blast. Here are some fun pictures I snapped...


The kids liked the splash pool at the end of the slide




Sawyer cracked me up the way he would run with his hands behind his back like he was about to take off. Notice he is running the opposite way!




There's that million dollar smile that makes me melt!




Maddie was the only one bold enough to slide on her tummy! The other two just ran through and slipped on their bottoms accidentally sometimes.



Yesterday (Saturday) Chris put together a bike he bought for Maddie several months ago. He found a super good deal on it and couldn't pass it up. It is a "stingray" bike that kind of looks like a motorcycle. It is definitely girly cause it is pink and purple. She really likes it a lot and it is pretty unique. Once it was all put together she and Carter rode around on their bikes for a while and had lots of fun. We have a nice bike trail just finished near our house so I am sure we'll go on some fun bike rides.

Maddie strikes a pose on her new "stingray"








Carter loves his "hot wheels" bike, it's getting a little small for him though!

4 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

Training wheels?!? C'mon Maddie, those days are gone!

Amanda Jones said...

Nice bike though! Is that a West Coast Chopper?!

Janelle said...

WOW, I can't believe it's hotter there than here!?? Looks like you guys know how to deal with the heat though... nice bike Maddie!

Mike Fowler said...

Nice wheels Maddie and Carter!