Friday, October 26, 2007
Don't mess with Texas!
Okay, so it has been a little while since I have blogged, but I have been busy catching up on things since I spent 4 whole days away from my family! Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and my kids, but a mom needs a break once and a while, and I have never really had one since Maddie was born (almost 6 years ago!) So last Thursday I said goodbye to my kids and Chris... and I took off to Texas with my Mom to surprise my sister, Heather for her 30th birthday. It was hard to get away but I did it, Chris had to take a couple days off work, I had to give all kinds of instructions for Chris to know what time the kids needed to be dropped of at school and picked up at Preschool, and then there is homework and dinner and baths and making lunches. And the list goes on! I even set out the kids clothes for church. Chris did a superb job and I think he was a little nervous! He even said he would do again next year!
So back to my trip. It was so nice being able to relax on the plane and not have to worry about anyone but myself. I was not used to it, so it felt weird. By the time we got to Heather's it was 1:00 am. She was so shocked, I wish I had it on video. She had fallen asleep on the couch and when she got up and saw us she looked as pale as a white sheet and then she fell on the floor and laid there for a few seconds. It was so much fun we didn't go to bed until 3 or 4 am.
I had a great time in Texas. It was my first time being there! The weather had just cooled off so it was wonderful. I loved all the beautiful trees and the friendly people. Texas is very different from California and in a good way. I was surprised to see so many wholesome family oriented people, I didn't see too many wild and crazies like we do in Cali. I love all the beautiful brick homes. In California everything is stucco. People are so much more respectful too, everyone says Ma'am and Sir. In Texas they have a Sonic on every street corner! Although it is not enough for me to move there! I do love California!
It was wonderful to see Jeff and Janelle and their kids too. I can't believe how much they have grown up. I had fun enjoying all my nieces and nephews without my own kids there. It was nice when we all went out to eat and they where all worrying about there kids, I just sat back and said, "Just me, myself and I!" Now that was nice!
Well it all ended too fast but we came home to crazy winds and terrible smoke from all the fires. The pilot had some trouble landing and I thought I wasn't going to see my kids again. Everyone on the plane looked at me like I was crazy. I was glad to be on the ground when we landed. I was so excited to see Chris and the kids. Sawyer wasn't as excited to see me as I thought he'd be. I think he was holding a grudge against me for leaving him. After 10 minutes he got cute and smiley though. The kids had a great time with Daddy but were glad to have mommy home again! Its good to be back but I already want another break!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment