Monday, September 3, 2007
Reflecting...
It is hard to believe that a year has already gone by since Sawyer arrived into the world. One year ago was a very difficult time in our lives, so much happened and all in one week. First Maddie started Kindergarten, a huge event for her, and then we moved into our condo after spending 2 weeks in limbo waiting for it to be refurbished. The very night that we finally were unpacking and going to actually sleep in our bed, I went into Labor with Sawyer, 3 weeks early. At first everything was fine after he was born, the next morning the Doctor came by our room, while I was in the shower and took one look at Sawyer and whisked him away to the NICU. The next few days were scary as can be. We had no idea what was wrong as the doctors conducted tests to find out why his oxygen saturation level was so low. The thought of losing my son was so real, but somehow I knew deep down, that everything would be okay. Once the test results were normal we were comforted and told that he would just have to get stronger and get better on his own. He stayed in the NICU for 11 days and finally got better as they slowly weaned him off of the oxygen. What a joy it was to bring him home and see his progress. He's grown and developed so well, I have no concerns. We just love him so much and are so grateful that he came to earth to be with our family! It it fun to see how he has really made his place amongst our children. He lets his needs be known and can really stand his own.
This weekend has been bitter sweet as we celebrated Sawyer's birthday because Mike and Jenny Reeves lost their baby boy, James Michael on August 31. He was only 11 days old. Our hearts go out to them at this difficult time as they mourn the loss of their baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sawyer's Birthday was a fun event that I was glad to be at. I remember the concern and prayers we all offered for little Sawyer. It was wonderful to see what a special little guy he has become!
I am so sorry to hear about Michael Reeves little boy. It is heartbreaking.
Love, Grandma Faye
Post a Comment