Friday, September 6, 2013

Field Trip to Getty Villa


I try to go on at least one field trip with each child during the school year.  Since I have Libby at home still it’s a bit of a challenge but luckily my Mom is able to help take care of her when I go on these field trips.  One of my favorite field trips was this one, with Carter.  We went with the GATE students to the Getty Villa which is in beautiful Malibu, right next to the ocean.  It was absolutely stunning, and the weather was perfect that day. 
IMG_5244
It was fascinating to see the Ancient Roman and Greek art there.  Carter was fascinated as the guide told us stories about the Roman and Greek Gods depicted in the art.  He has since really gotten into Greek Mythology and even got a book about it for Christmas and read it cover to cover.  He is also really into the Lost Hero series and Percy Jackson series.  He’s quite the expert now, I can’t help but think this field trip helped spark his interest! 
IMG_5305
IMG_5283
Since the weather was so beautiful we really enjoyed the gardens and seeing all the different plant life there.  I loved the Getty Villa so much that I am planning on taking the kids there next Summer! 

No comments: