We started our Summer off with a bang and headed to Las Vegas for my Dentrix Trainers conference. This is the third year it has been held there at the Red Rock Resort. The first year I went alone, which was very relaxing but I started missing my kids after a few days. Last year Libby was still nursing so we brought the kids and Chris watched them while I was in my classes and I juggled nursing while attending my conference. This year we ended up bringing the kids again. They had a great time but I always feel bad when I’m in my conference all day. Chris tried to do some fun things with them. We pretty much stayed at the resort the whole time and never made it to the strip which was okay by me since I’m not really a fan (especially with kids in tow). I met the kids and Chris at the pool a couple of times during my lunch break.
We got Libby a special life jacket suit and she didn’t like it (although she is smiling in the picture!) It kept riding up and covering her mouth. I think she looks like a turtle!
One of the best parts of the Red Rock are the fabulous luxurious rooms. The kids especially love the huge soaking tub with the flat screen TV. I also enjoyed it after I got the kids in bed and had a relaxing bath while watching the bachelorette.
One night while we were there we used our Dining credit (that came with the room) at a very fancy restaurant called TBones chophouse. It was not the type of place to bring four little ones so Chris told me to take Maddie. We had a lovely time and even brought home our leftovers to daddy. The steak was delicious!
Overall we had a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed my conference and loved reconnecting with all the other Dentrix trainers from all over the country. At our banquet I was honored and received my 10 year plaque (I can’t believe its been that long). I wished I could have spent a little more time with Chris and the kids, I was pretty busy but all in all it was a great time and I’m looking forward to next year where it will be held in Utah and we’ll be able to make more of a vacation out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment