I’ve been lagging a bit on my blogging lately but I want to put my Easter pics up and report on our lovely Easter this year. The night before Easter Maddie would not go to bed and kept telling us she was scared of the giant Easter bunny that was coming. I kept thinking, “Common Maddie you are almost 10 years old and in the fourth grade, do you REALLY believe theres an Easter bunny. I even had a hard time imagining a giant bunny when I was a kid. Of course I went along with it but secretly I was just hoping she’d finally discover the truth (or admit it since I was pretty sure she knew, she was just being dramatic as usual!)
When the kids woke up they were excited to find the strings tied to their beds and jumped into bed with us. I was tired from hopping around the night before and wasn’t quite ready to “hop” out of bed. With a little coaxing we were up and about and each child followed his/her string to find the beloved Easter basket. Libby went first and surprisingly got the concept a little bit and followed her string. She was just adorable when she found it and the first word she said was “CANDY” when she saw it! She learned the word Jelly bean really quickly that day!
Next was Sawyer who was very excited to find his basket was filled with Legos and Toy story Aliens. He was a happy camper.
Then there was Carter, he got a Lego Ninjago set and a drawing book. He was thrilled the E.B. knew he loved Ninjago legos. They kept him busy all day!
Maddie is starting to outgrow toys so her basket contained a Tangled Soundtrack, Diary of a Wimpy Kid DVD (LOVE IT!) and a water bottle. She was happy with her goods and I was happy I didn’t go nuts this year and kept things under control. Maybe next year I’ll do even better and just give ‘em candy! After we opened our baskets, Maddie initiated a conversation about the E.B. and now she knows the truth. I think she knew it for a while but didn’t want to admit it. Immediately she said “You must be Santa Claus too then!” So now she knows, its kinda sad but she’s growing up. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did! Funny thing is she goes, “Does Daddy know you’re the Easter bunny?” I thought that was cute!
Our Southern California Easter weather was down right COLD and crummy. We usually have beautiful weather which makes for nice pictures and fun spring clothes. It was actually raining when we left for church. I took these pictures after church when the sun peeked out for a split second. I didn’t do the matchy matchy thing with the girls. I wish I had but stores usually don’t carry the same fabric in baby dresses and 10 yr old dresses. I guess I should sew them… too much work, never mind!
We went over to Grammy and Grampy’s and had a fabulous ham feast with Wes and Kristy and Family, Chris and Amanda and my Cousin Rob and his family. Afterwards we had a fun Easter egg hunt where the kids made out pretty good. Well all except Libby. She was great picking up her first egg but once she got it she didn’t even want to look for more. She just wanted to play with it, open it and eat the candy inside!
We made went around the room and talked about the real reason we celebrate Easter and it was neat to hear my children talk about Jesus’ resurrection. They know so much and I couldn’t believe all the facts they knew about Jesus’ last week on earth. What a wonderful day we had with our family. I’m so grateful we live so close to our family. I often take for granted the many times we get together. If we ever move out of state, I’ll definitely miss that!
2 comments:
I love that little Libby. The kids look precious. And we are due one of those conversations about EB and Santa too...
I want to pinch Libby's cheeks!
Post a Comment