Sunday, March 20, 2011

School Open House and Choral Performance

 

This school year is going by so fast!  The kids had their open house this past week and we had a great time looking inside their classrooms and watching their choral performances.  It was a little hectic getting to each of their classrooms and their performances in time since they overlapped by 15 minutes but we made it! 

Libby enjoyed toddling around Carter’s classroom and sitting in his chair.  Carter and Maddie both were very proud to show us their work and the fun things they had done in their classrooms this year.  I didn’t get any pictures in Maddie’s classroom because it was wall to wall people (her class has 35 students, Carter’s has 20), when you get all the parents in there it is a little crazy. 

DSC04240

Every year each grade puts on a choral performance that they have been working on all year with their chorus teacher Mr. Mann.  In the 4th-6th grades a few students get picked to do a solo part during the show.  Maddie was very excited to get picked and had really been looking forward to it for several years.  She did an excellent job and got a pretty big part.  Chris and I looked at each other after her performance in awe!  We couldn’t believe how grown up and mature Maddie’s voice has gotten.  We couldn’t be more proud of her!  I wish I had caught it on video but the teacher said, “All I can say is WOW!” after she finished singing. 

2 comments:

Kate and Ryan said...

Ryan & I just watched this video of Maddie's performance & are very impressed with her beautiful singing voice! BTW, I LOVE the picture of you guys in Hawaii with your leis on... looks like you guys had a blast while you were here!

Anonymous said...

Maddie sounds like an American Idol finalist year 2017. Wow!