Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We’re on our way to Paradise!

Post Edit: There are 9 days of posts listed for our trip so when you get to the bottom you may have to click, Older posts to see more.

I usually wait until after a vacation or event to blog about it but I decided it would be fun to blog about our trip to Maui as it happens. I doubt that we’ll have the opportunity to take our kids to Maui again so I want to remember and savor every moment. So here goes…

Chris was asked to go to Maui for work a couple weeks ago. We toyed around with the idea of me going and leaving the kids but I couldn’t bear to leave Libby for that long since she is so young. If we decided to take Libby, we thought we might as well take the whole family since the kids would really enjoy it. When we were in Oahu in November there were so many families there we kept saying how much the kids would love the resort we stayed at. So after going back and forth about who was going to go, we decided to take the plunge and take the kids with us. (I wasn’t about to let Chris go alone since my birthday is this week and he’d be gone.) Less than a week ago we bought our plane tickets, got our hotel, and made all the arrangements. Everything came together so quickly it was like it was meant to be. The kids were so excited when they saw pictures and videos of Maui, Maddie and Carter especially realize what a great opportunity it is and know that they are VERY lucky!

So here we are on the plane heading to Maui. I am so relieved that we finally made it! I was so worried about getting all packed and ready in time but I did it. It is difficult enough to pack for 6 people when we go on vacation in our car but packing for an airplane ride was pretty challenging. We didn’t want to pay for any extra bags either so I had to be tricky. We checked one big bag that Chris’ work paid for then everything else had to go carry-on. The kids were troopers with their heavy back packs going through the airport. We had a few strange stares but most people smiled when they saw our little family.

DSC03543

Waiting at the airport to board our flight

DSC03546

So far the kids have been great on the plane. There were some empty seats around us (including a window seat we could see out, SCORE!) So we spread out and it was so much more comfortable. I was able to lay Libby down on the seat next to me and she fell asleep for an hour and a half! The kids are keeping busy with their DS’s and Ipods and I Chris and I even got a nap. We’ve got about an hour left in our 5 hour flight and we are doing great!

DSC03561DSC03556DSC03560DSC03575

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

another trip to Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like an amazing trip!!! How fun to get to take everyone.