Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Sawyer Christopher Nielsen
It's hard to believe it's been 3 whole years since our little Sawyer joined our family. It was such a crazy time in our lives. We had just moved back into our little condo and I literally went into labor the first night we slept here (so nothing was unpacked but our beds). Maddie had just started Kindergarten a few days before and Chris was starting a new position at Odwalla working in San Fernando (50 miles from our home, 2 hours in traffic). Our lives were so crazy and to top it all off our little Sawyer came 3 weeks early. He was born at 7:29 pm and seemed healthy. In the morning he was whisked away to the NICU because his color was a dusky blue. They ran every test they could and we waited several days to find out what was wrong. My whole world was shaken and all I could do was cry. I just wanted a healthy baby and was so jealous of the other moms in the hospital when I'd hear their babies cry at night and mine was clear across the hospital. The hardest part was being dismissed without him, I felt empty and alone inside. I would drive to the hospital every day. Luckily we recieved good news after a few days when all the tests came back normal. He was on oxygen and couldn't survive without it but the doctors assured us he would be fine and just needed to be slowly weaned off of it. Each morning when I'd wake up I'd call and find out if they'd lowered the level they were giving him and slowly he got better. After 11 days he was breathing normally and his oxygen levels were great. They finally let me bring my baby home. It was one of the happiest days of my life.
Its hard to believe that little baby was Sawyer. He is such a strong little boy and makes it known. He has grown up so much and is such an important part of our family. He is Maddie's little brother that she loves to take care of, he is Carters favorite buddy, he is Mama's boy to the core, and he is definitely Daddy's little althlete. He brings so much happiness to our home. He tries so hard to keep up with his big brother and sister and be one of the big kids. He makes it very clear that he loves to stay home with Mommy while they are at school. One of the highlights of the day is to walk up to the bus stop to meet Carter and he beams with delight as he greets Carter and tells him about his day. I can't wait to see how Sawyer is with our little baby girl. Of all the kids I would say he is the most excited about the baby. He talks to my tummy and whenever he sees a baby on TV or in a picture he always points it out. He is so excited that he will be bigger than the baby and be a BIG brother.
I love my Sawyer, he will always be my baby boy. I love that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment